WHAT MAKES ART AN EFFECTIVE PLATFORM FOR CULTURAL CHANGE?

Monday 27 June 2016

DEVELOPMENT OF IDEAS

This week I have furthered my research and realized that doing 'ethical art' as a question is extremely vague and must limit my research. Artists I have looked at include Grayson Perry and Laura Callaghan. I like the idea of using illustrations on everyday life. The philosophy of Henri Lefebvre states that by using everyday life in art it can shock audiences. His critique of everyday life being one of his most infamous pieces.
I have also looked at many more artists whose work interests me, however I need to look further into whether their work actually has any relevance to cultural and social issues. These artists include;
-Grayson Perry
-Laura Callaghan
-Adams Carvallo
-Ani Castillo
-Michael Kvium
-Cara Thayer
-Hope Gangloff

-Inge Jacobsen
-Lauren Dicioccio
-Kirsty Whitlock


The last thing I did was update the question I wanted to evaluate and this became; 'Do artists approach cultural issues in a mindful attempt to influence the public and considering this, should more of us be 'campaigning for change' through the platform of art?




No comments:

Post a Comment